Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lego Activity

Lego red brick

This is a single Lego Brick. Today we did a team building activity using Legos to build whatever we were assigned to build. The rule was that whoever had the instructions couldn't talk or point, depending on the thing we made. We also had a limited amount of time to build. The hardest part was being the leader because you had to explain what you wanted without doing it yourself. In todays world you have to work with a group or team to get things done. Teamwork can be very difficult, especially when it's people you don't like or can't get along with them.
When we were doing the activity I wasn't leading much, but it was a little hard to keep up with my group sometimes because i didn't know what they were wanting. If you have a good and balance team, you can accomplish a lot of things. Even though you may get stuck with people you don't like doesn't mean you don't do any of the work. You should be the one who takes charge and show people what skills you have to contribute.
This activity really helped with my social skills, leading skills, and listening skills. Overall the activity really helped me and I will be able to use this in the near future. This was a good hands on experience and I hope I can take this and learn from it to make myself a better person.

No comments:

Post a Comment