Friday, January 29, 2016

Past, Present, and Future Website

Past Present Future 

I made a website in Dreamweaver about the things I have done in the past, the present, and will do in the future. In this website I used rollover images with different types of layer effects with a background and a 3D effect for content. 

Below are the pages of the site they all used different types of divs. The part with the rollover images were in the div called top and the content all went into a div of inner bottom and into another div called bottom. All the content went to the black screen that I created in Photoshop using different layer effects like drop shadow. They also used scroll bars to get all the content which only used pretty much in the past page because there was a lot of content.

Process

Starting the website wasn't easy at all. First I had to make a background and the black screen with the different pieces of the rollovers and that took a while to get it just right but I had to add a whole bunch of different layers and layer effects with the bevel and emboss and each one had its own layer so I made about 8 layers because I also had to copy the finished one. When setting up the website I used the div called wrap and that kept everything in that certain div. The one problem was I was trying to make the top div but it kept sending it to the bottom so I had to call that bottom and re-create the top div. Making all the divs were probably the hardest part

Challenges and What I learned

Some challenges I had were just starting the website and also placing all the rollover images in with their effects,  but I found out that it seemed to not like the scripts weren't working correctly but also getting the effects to work were a pain and I had to start over in putting them in because the functions were all messed up. I also learned how to put in scroll bars and they aren't hard, it just takes a while but overall this was very stressful but I made it to a success.





























No comments:

Post a Comment